Linear Equations - Maximizing Time Used
Linear Equation problem-solving model
Golden Jewel wishes to produce three types of bracelets: Amethyst, Pearly and Emerald.
• Manufacturing Time Required
- To manufacture an Amethyst bracelet requires 2 min on machine I and II and 1 min on machine III.
- Manufacturing a Pearly bracelet requires 2 min on machine I, 9 min on machine II and 4 min on machine III.
- Manufacturing an Emerald bracelet requires 4 min on machine I, 7 min on machine II and 1 min on machine III.
• Manufacturing Time Available
- 48 min available on machine I
- 105 min available on machine II
- 37 min available on machine III
How many bracelets of each type will be manufactured in order to use all the available time?
• Denote x, y and z as the number of bracelet type Amethyst, Pearly and Emerald manufactured.
• Represent the above information as a system of linear equations.
• Use the Gaussian Elimination method.