logo for solving-math-problems.com
leftimage for solving-math-problems.com

mathematics - null set

by reymark

what is the set with no element?

What two terms are used to describe a set which contains no elements?

What is the name of a set which is so small (relative to the problem you are trying to solve) that it can be ignored?

Comments for mathematics - null set

Click here to add your own comments

May 02, 2010
Mathematics - Null Set
by: Staff

The problem

What is the set with no elements?

The solution

Hi Reymark,

A set with no elements (an empty set) is called a “Null Set”.

You can find a discussion of the “Null Set” at


Thanks for writing.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Math Questions & Comments - 01.

Copyright © 2008-2015. All rights reserved. Solving-Math-Problems.com