Perimeter and Area of Rectangles, Triangles, Circles
Perimeter and Area
1. Find the perimeter and area of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 12.5 cm.
a.rectangle | height 16 cm (centimetres) | area
Width 12.50 cm (centimetres) | perimeter
Area | 200 cm^2 (square centimetres)
Perimeter | 57 cm (centimetres)
2. The perimeter of a rectangular field is 216 metres and its breadth is 40 metres.Find the length and area of the rectangle.
3. The perimeter of a rectangle is equal to that of a square with side 13m. If the rectangle is 16m long, what is its breadth?
4. A wire is in the shape of a square of side 15cm.If the wire is rebent into a rectangle of length 18cm, find its breadth. Which encloses more area, the square or the rectangle?
5.The dimensions of a room are 11.2m by 9m. The floor of the room is to be covered by marble tiles, each measuring 24cm by 24cm.Find the total number of tiles required. What is the cost of tiling the floor at Rs 6 per tile?
6. Find the area of a triangle, whose base is 9.6cm, and the corresponding altitude is 5cm.
7. Find the altitude of a triangle whose area is 45 sq. cm and base is 15cm.
8. The adjacent sides of a parallelogram are 36cm and 27cm in length. If the perpendicular distance between the shorter sides is 12cm, find the distance between the longer sides.
9.The area of a parallelogram with height 7.5cm is 71.25 sq cm.what is the corresponding base of a parallelogram?
10.Find the area of an isosceles right triangle if one of the right sides is 20cm long.
11. Find the area of right triangle whose two sides containing the right angle measure 3cm and 4cm.
12. Find the area of circle whose diameter is 7cm.
13. The circumference of a circle is 440 metres.Find its diameter and area.
14. The diameter of a circular field is 98m.If a child walks at the rate of 14m per minute, how long will it take for her to walk round the field?
15. From a rectangular piece of metal sheet of length and breadth 1.6m and 80cm respectively, three circular sheets of 20cm radius are cut out. What area of metal is left?
16. The inner and outer radii of a cylindrical pipe are 5cm and 4cm respectively, find the area of cross-section of the pipe. (π=3.14)
17. A room is 10m long and 6cm broad .It is surrounded by a veranda which is 2m wide all around it.Find the cost of flooring the veranda with marble at Rs36 per sq m.
18.Two cross roads,each of width 2m,run at right angles through the centre of a rectangular park of length 76m and breadth 54m and parallel to its sides.Find the area of the roads. Also find the cost of constructing the roads at the rate of Rs16 per sq m.